Maintenance skills of door lock
When we decorate the house, we will carefully choose and buy the door lock, door locks are also fastidious in the use of methods, many people often ignore this point, so what is the correct use of the door lock?
Today, we’re going to tell you some tips on door lock maintenance.
The correct use of door locks.
- Always keep the transmission part of the lock body with lubricant to maintain its smooth transmission and prolong its service life.
It is recommended to check half a year or once a year, and check whether the fastening screws are loose to ensure fastening.
- During the use of the lock head, periodically (half a year or one year) or when the key insertion is not smooth, a small amount of graphite powder or pencil powder can be applied to the lock core slot to ensure the smooth insertion and removal of the key.
But do not add any other oil for lubrication, in order to avoid grease sticking to the spring, so that the lock cannot be turned and cannot be opened.
- Often check the fit gap between the lock body and the lock plate, whether the height of the lock tongue and the lock plate hole is appropriate, and the fit gap between the door and the door frame is 1.5mm-2.5mm.
If you found any changes, the position of the hinge or locking plate on theBizzoe Lif door should be adjusted.
At the same time, pay attention to the expansion and shrinkage caused by the weather (wet in spring, dry in winter) to ensure that the gap between the door and the door frame, the lock body and the locking plate is reasonable, so as to ensure the smooth use of the lock.
Maintenance skills of door lock.
- During the decoration of the house, please use a plastic bag (do not touch the surface of the lock with the adhesive tape) to seal the exposed parts of the lock, such as the handle and panel, so as to prevent the surface of the lock from being eroded by acidic or alkaline materials and gases during decoration, resulting in spots, blistering and even delamination, seriously affecting the appearance quality of the lock.
Some zinc alloy and copper locks, installed on the door for a long time will find "spots", this phenomenon does not belong to rust, but belongs to oxidation, if this happens, you can remove the spots as long as you wipe them with a wax spray on the surface.
- When in normal use, if there is dirt, you can use a dry cloth to remove it. Do not scrub with chemicals such as detergent. Otherwise, it will destroy the protective film of the exposed parts and cause discoloration.
Do not wipe the lock body and handle with a wet cloth, because some metal locks will rust; alloy locks will wear off the coating and lose the aesthetic effect.
- In the course of use, add some graphite powder (pencil powder) to the keyhole for lubrication on a regular basis (half a year or once a year) or when the key is not inserted smoothly. Do not add any liquid oil as a lubricant to avoid grease sticking to the billiard spring, so that the lock cannot be turned or not be opened.
If the door is more laborious when closing, it can be solved by smearing a little pencil powder on the oblique tongue.
- Hold the handle when closing the door, rotate the lock tongue into the lock body, close the door and then let go, do not hit the door hard, otherwise it will reduce the service life of the lock.
- When the main lock tongue or safety lock tongue protrudes out of the door, do not hit it violently, so as to avoid damage to the lock tongue and door frame.
- Because the sealing strip installed between the door body and the door frame has an elastic effect, when opening the lock with the handle or key, you can push or pull the door by hand while opening the door to overcome the elastic force. Do not forcefully turn the handle or key to open the door, so as not to break the handle or key.
The above is the knowledge about the correct use of door locks and maintenance skills shared by Signstek. Hope it will be helpful to you. If you want to know more about door locks, please continue to follow Signstek's blog.