How to Fix a Broken Door Lock
What if the door lock is broken? There is no need to worry. Today, we will teach everyone to fix the door lock in five steps to solve your worries and let you rest assured to go out.
1. Preparatory work:
First of all, you need to prepare the tools that need to be used in the replacement process, such as screwdriver, lock body, lock core and so on.
2. The method of changing the door lock:
1) Use a screwdriver to loosen the two bolts on the buckle plate on the inside of the door.
2) When the two bolts on the buckle plate on the inside of the door are released, you can remove all the buckle plate on the outside of the door, the connecting rod and the handle outside the door, and then use a screwdriver to loosen the fixing bolt in the middle of the lock body.
3) After all the above things have been removed, you can continue to remove the buckle plate and lock core on the inside of the door, and the new lock core can also be replaced and installed at this time.
4) When the new lock core replaces the bad lock core, the lock body can be replaced.
First loosen the two bolts that fix the lock body with a screwdriver, and then pull the lock body outward in a straight line with a little force. After removing the damaged lock body, you can replace the new lock body.
5) After the lock core and lock body are replaced with new ones, the buckle plate, handle and lock core on the inside of the door can be installed.
First tighten the bolts in the middle of the lock body, and then tighten the bolts on both sides of the lock body.
6) One step, install the buckle plate on the outside of the door and fasten the bolt with a screwdriver from the inside of the door.
In this way, the door lock has been repaired!
1. When proceeding to the fifth step, it is necessary to pay attention to first fixing the bolt and lock core in the middle of the lock body, and then tightening the bolts on both sides of the lock body.
2. Pay attention to the direction of the locking tongue of the lock body. If you make a mistake, you need to remove and reinstall it.
The above is the knowledge about what to do if the door lock is broken for you. I hope it will be helpful to you.
If you want to know more about what to do if the door lock is broken, please continue to follow the Signstek’s blog.